July 16-20: Green Mountain Writers Conference, workshops and a reading, Chittenden, VT. For more information, please click here.
May 12: Graduation speaker, Castleton University, Castleton, VT.
May 4-6: Booktopia -- Where Authors and Readers Meet, sponsored by The Northshire Bookstore, Manchester, VT. For more information, please click here.
April 27: Tables of Content, library fund-raising event, 58 p.m. Rutland, VT. For more information, please click here.
March 29: Vermont Leadership Institute Book Group, Montpelier, VT.
Feb. 26: Norwich Women's Book Group, the Norwich Inn, Norwich, VT.
Jan. 30, 2018: Release celebration for POINTS NORTH, the book Howard Frank Mosher finished last year just two weeks before his death. At Phoenix Books in Burlington, VT. For more information, click here.
Dec. 31: First Night Burlington, Unitarian Universalist Society Meetinghouse on Pearl St., 4:00 solo guitar performance. For more information on that show, or all of First Night Burlington,
Dec. 6-10: FlynnSpace Burlington, VT, various times, Vermont Stage Company presents its popular annual show, Winter Tales, including a story by Stephen Kiernan. For information or tickets, please click here.
Nov. 24: The annual winter tale is posted on this site, where it will remain until Jan. 1, 2018. Enjoy.
Nov. 9: Phoenix Bookstore, Rutland, VT, 6:30 p.m. Reading and signing for The Baker's Secret. For details, click here.
Oct. 28: Boston Book Festival, Copley Square, 2 p.m. panel "War and the Home Front" with moderator Catherine Parnell and co-panelists Laura Harrington (A Catalog of Birds, Alice Bliss) and Jessica Shattuck (The Women in the Castle, The Hazards of Good Breeding). For more information about this panel, or the festival, please click here.
Oct. 18: Veterans Administration Hospital, White River Junction, 5:30 p.m., book discussion of The Baker's Secret with the Vermont Humanities Council's facilitated combat veterans book group. For more information, please click here.
Oct. 12: Brattleboro Literary Festival, Brooks Memorial Library, 6:15 p.m., appearing with Robert Madrygin (author of The Solace of Trees). For more information about this event and festival, please click here.
May 2: Publication day for THE BAKER'S SECRET (hardcover, e-book and audio versions available. Large print edition now in production).
To order THE BAKER'S SECRET, please click here.
- Newburyport Literary Festival, Saturday April 29, Newburyport, Mass. , 4 p.m. at Jabberwocky Bookshop, The Tannery, 50 Water Street. More information: http://newburyportliteraryfestival.org/
- OFFICIAL LAUNCH: Phoenix Books, Burlington, VT, Sunday April 30. Reading and signing at 4 p.m. This ticketed event, with goodies from August First Bakery, will benefit the Vermont Food Bank. For a reservation: http://www.phoenixbooks.biz/event/stephen-kiernan-bakers-secret-book-launch
- Westport, Mass., Wednesday May 3, I’ll be presenting at 6 p.m. as part of the Writers Series at Partners Village Store -- in a special Q&A format with the brilliant novelist Dawn Tripp. For more information: http://partnersvillagestore.com/
- Cohasset, Mass., Thursday May 4, Buttonwood Books is hosting a special breakfast event at the Cohasset Lightkeeper’s House at 10 a.m., featuring myself, Randy Susan Meyers (The Widow of Wall Street) and Anita Shreve (many books, most recently The Stars Are Fire). For tickets and information: http://www.buttonwoodbooksandtoys.com/events/coffeewiththeauthors
- Manchester, VT. Friday May 5. As part of The Northshire Bookstore’s “Booktopia 2017 Festival,” I’m delighted to be presenting at 10 a.m. For more information: https://www.northshire.com/event/booktopia-2017
- Albany, NY, Sunday, May 7, I’ll be speaking at the Barnes & Noble in Colonie Centre at 3 p.m. More information: https://www.northshire.com/event/booktopia-2017
- Norwich, VT Wednesday May 10, The Norwich Bookshop at 7 p.m. More information: http://www.norwichbookstore.com/event/stephen-p-kiernan-bakers-secret
- New York, NY, Thursday May 11, Barnes and Noble, 150 East 86th Street, 7 p.m. For more information: https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/store/2278
- Manchester, VT, Friday May 12, returning to The Northshire Bookstore at 7 p.m. for an event open to the public (the first one was primarily for Booktopia attendees). Named one of the nation’s best bookstores, and always a fun place to see readers. For more information: https://www.northshire.com/event-list
- Waterbury, VT., Tuesday May 16, at Bridgeside Books, 6 p.m. For details: https://bridgesidebooks.com/events.php
- Middlebury, VT, Thursday May 18, The Vermont Bookshop, 6:30 p.m. (You may want to bring an appetite – hint hint). More information: http://www.vermontbookshop.com/event/month/2017-05
- Shelburne, VT, Tuesday May 23, 7 p.m. at the Town Hall, hosted by my friends at The Flying Pig Bookstore. This one is billed as a SUPER BOOK GROUP EVENT, and people are invited to come individually or bring their entire book group. You may want to bring a bit of an appetite. More information: http://site.booksite.com/7087/events/?&list=EVC1&group=current&preview=1
- Providence, RI, Tuesday June 20 at 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 7). I’ll be returning to the fabulous Point Street Reading Series at Dueling Pianos, along with Idra Novey, Julia Fierro, Max Winter and Susan Reiger. (I’ve also received a special request to bring my guitar). More information: https://robinkall.com/point-street-reading-series/
- Mystic, CT., Wednesday June 21, Bank Square Books. I’ll be appearing at 6 p.m. with best-selling author Ann Leary. More information: http://www.banksquarebooks.com/event/bsb-ann-leary-children-and-stephen-kiernan-bakers-secret-author-talk-and-signing
- Lake Placid, NY, Tuesday August 1, I’ll be speaking, reading and signing at The Bookstore Plus as part of their book group series (non-book-groupers also welcome) at 7 p.m. More information: http://www.thebookstoreplus.com/